Pesquisar neste blogue

sexta-feira, 15 de outubro de 2010

Poesia (24) | Gerard Manley Hopkins - Thou art indeed just, Lord

Mais uma vez regresso, qual mar a querer escavar a costa, a Gerard Manley Hopkins. E desta feita com um Thou art indeed just, Lord para tentar, com espanto e ternura, dizer a beleza do nosso Deus, do Deus de Amor infinito que mostra que a sua justiça é sempre uma consequência, séria mas esperançosa, deste Amor.

Thou art indeed just, Lord

                               Thou art indeed just, Lord, if I contend
                               With thee; but, sir, so what I plead is just.
                               Why do sinners' ways prosper? and why must
                               Disappointment all I endeavour end?
                               Wert thou my enemy, O thou my friend,
                               How wouldst thou worse, I wonder, than thou dost
                               Defeat, thwart me? Oh, the sots and thralls of lust
                               Do in spare hours more thrive than I that spend,
                               Sir, life upon thy cause. See, banks and brakes
                               Now leavèd how thick! lacèd they are again
                               With fretty chervil, look, and fresh wind shakes
                               Them; birds build -- but not I build; no, but strain,
                               Time's eunuch, and not breed one work that wakes.
                               Mine, O thou lord of life, send my roots rain.

Sem comentários: